NCB came to the defense of Sameer Wankhede on the allegations of Nawab Malik

The Narcotics Control Bureau has come out in defense of its Mumbai unit chief Sameer Wankhede and said that some false information has been shared about him on social media.

After NCP leader Nawab Malik leveled extortion charges against Sameer Wankhede, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Thursday defended its Mumbai unit chief, saying that some false information was shared about him on social media.

NCP leader Nawab Malik on Thursday alleged that Wankhede, who is heading the probe into the drugs case involving Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan, was in Dubai and Maldives when several Indian film stars were there during the pandemic. He claimed that ‘vasuli’ (extortion) took place in Maldives and Dubai and said that he had photographs to establish it.

Hours later, NCB issued a statement saying that some false information was shared on social media about Sameer Wankhede.

NCB said Sameer Wankhede was inducted as regional director of its Mumbai unit on August 31 last year on loan basis for a period of six months.

“Thereafter they have not submitted any application for prior leave from India in Dubai,” the NCB said.

“As per the approval of the Competent Authority vide NCB Order No. A 50/2/2021-Act/146 dated 27.07.2021, the officer along with his family has taken prior leave from India for Maldives,” the NCB said.

Nawab Malik alleged that Sameer Wankhede and his family were in Dubai and Maldives when some film stars were there during the pandemic.

“We demand that he clarify whether he was in Dubai. Was his family there in Maldives when the entire film industry was there? What was the reason?” she asked.

“We are very clear. All this extortion (extortion) happened in Maldives and Dubai and I will release those pictures,” Malik said.

Later in a tweet, Malik shared two pictures saying, “Sameer Wankhede has accepted the fact that he went to Maldives but refused to go to Dubai. Here is the proof of his trip to Dubai with his sister. Sameer Wankhede was at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai on 10 December 2020. Their lies have been exposed.”

Speaking exclusively to India Today, Sameer Wankhede said that his family was being attacked by Nawab Malik and he would take legal recourse in the matter.

“The minister is saying wrong things. This is absolutely false. I went to Maldives with my kids. I had taken proper permission from the competent authority for this. I haven’t met anyone and I don’t want any further clarification on such allegations.” Let me. In December, I was in Mumbai, when they said that I am in Dubai. It can be investigated,” Wankhede said.

“My family is constantly being attacked – from my sister to my father. It is only because I am fighting for the truth and against drug activity. I will take appropriate legal action as the minister has made many false allegations. I will take legal recourse. We have justice system, I will take permission from my superiors and take their help.”

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.