New Delhi: Adding to Delhi’s already worsening pollution, a fireplace broke out at the Ghazipur landfill site within the early hours of Wednesday. Several fire tenders were rushed to the spot to sink the fireside . Reports suggest that the stove has spread to other areas within the landfill. The smoke emanating from the stove has enveloped the planet in East Delhi.
A huge plume of smoke was seen rising from the mountain of garbage at the landfill site in Ghazipur. The stove and subsequent smoke from the landfill site has further exacerbated the already worsening pollution situation within the capital. People within the world have reported irritation and breathing problems within the eyes.
No injuries were reported within the incident. Explanation for the stove isn’t yet known. Fire officials believe the stove could also be thanks to the buildup of gases within the waste.
On Wednesday morning, the town saw air quality within the ‘very poor’ category with a 347 AQI. Air quality within the town has deteriorated thanks to burns in Delhi’s neighboring states like Haryana, Punjab, UP and Rajasthan.