Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited his parliamentary constituency Varanasi today on March 24 and laid the foundation stone of the country’s first urban transport ropeway in Kashi during his visit.
PM Modi lays foundation stone of India’s first public transport ropeway worth Rs 645 crore in Kashi – View Varanasi Ropeway Project Map, Tender and other details
During his day-long visit to his constituency, PM Modi also laid the foundation stone for 25 projects worth Rs 1,450 crore and inaugurated projects worth Rs 200 crore for the people of Kashi.
Kashi Ropeway Project
The entire Kashi ropeway project will cost the exchequer about Rs 645 crore. The ropeway will pass through five stations in the city.
Varanasi ropeway project map
The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of Passenger Ropeway from Varanasi Cantt Station to Godaulia. The ropeway system will be 3.75 km long with five stations – Vidya Peeth, Bharatmala Mandir, Rath Yatra, Girja Ghar and Godaulia Chowk. It will ease the movement of tourists, pilgrims and residents of Varanasi.
The cost of the project is around Rs. is expected to occur. 645 crores.
Varanasi Ropeway Project – Features
1) This is the first urban ropeway project under the Parvatmala project.
2) It can carry 3,000 passengers per hour per direction.
3) Around 153 gondolas/cabins will be deployed to carry 10 passengers.
4) It will be operational for 16 hours a day.
5) The distance from Cantt to Gudaulia can be covered in just 16 minutes, which currently takes at least 45 minutes.