Sachin Waze claims in a letter to the NIA: Minister orders Rs 100 crore from gutkha vendors, Rs 100 crore from BMC contractors, Rs 50 crore to close a file
Mumbai: Assistant Police Inspector Sachin Waze was suspended on Wednesday in a letter presented in a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court, he grilled former Home Minister Anil Deshmukh, State Transport Minister Anil Parab and Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar. Allegations of corruption. .
The Wazza-Mansukh Hiren murder cases being investigated by the NIA in the Antilia bombings were presented for further detention by the agency when it attempted to produce the letter. The court, however, asked him to follow due process and did not accept it.
Waze mentions this aspect in his letter, citing allegations by former police commissioner Param Bir Singh that Deshmukh was asked by Deshmukh to collect money from bars in the city. He said that he was called to the minister’s residence Dnyaneshwari in January 2021. The letter stated, “The minister told me that there are about 1650 bars and restaurants in Mumbai and asked him to collect Rs 3 to 3.5 lakh for each of them.” It was told that PA Kundan of the minister was present. He further states in his letter that he told the minister that he would not be able to collect the money and that it would be beyond his capabilities.
Soon after coming out of the cabin, he says, PA Kundan advised him that he should follow the minister’s instructions if he wanted to retain his job and post. Waze says that he had informed CP about this, and expressed his apprehension that in the future, he might be embroiled in a false controversy. The letter stated, “Honorable CP encouraged me and explicitly instructed me not to engage in such illegal collection for anyone and anyone.”
Pay Rs 2 crore to keep job
Another example mentioned in Deshmukh’s letter indulging in corruption is when Waze was reinstated in service last year. The letter said that Sharad Pawar had ordered that he be suspended and Deshmukh informed him over the phone from Nagpur and then asked him to give Rs. 2 crores and assured that he would convince Pawar. He said that he had expressed his inability to pay such a huge amount and Deshmukh had told him that he could pay later.
Collect 100 crores from gutkha sellers
Accusing Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar of corruption, the letter said that in November last year, he was approached by a Darshan Ghodawat who was extremely close to Pawar. The letter read, “He explained about the illegal gutkha and tobacco trade in Maharashtra and gave me phone numbers. Shri Godhavat insisted that I should collect a monthly amount of 100 crores from these illegal gutkha sellers. I refused to do any such illegal work and the person warned me that I could lose my post again. “
The letter stated that from the first day of 2021 it had started all efforts against illegal gutkha sellers and illegal gutkha worth crores of rupees was seized and action was also initiated against the owners of the factories.
“On such action, Mr. Ghodawat came to my office and expressed his displeasure expressed by the Honorable DM Sir regarding initiating action against these manufacturers and urged me to either meet these manufacturers directly or directly From Honorable Deputy CM Sahab. Waze said he refused to follow the instructions.
The letter included allegations against Minister Anil Parab. It was said that he was summoned by Parab to his official bungalow in July or August 2020. At the meeting, the minister asked me to look into the SBUT complaint, which was under preliminary investigation and asked me to bring the SBUT trustees to him. Conversations about inquiries. He insisted on starting primary negotiations to get Rs 50 crore from SBUT to close the said inquiry. “The letter stated that again, he had expressed his inability to do so as he did not know anyone from the SBUT nor did he have control over the inquiry.
It states that in January this year, Parab again called her to her official bungalow and asked her to look into the fake contractors listed in the BMC and asked her to collect at least Rs. 2 crores from 50 such contractors. He further said that the interrogation was on an anonymous complaint and nothing was found to be discriminatory until he was transferred from the Criminal Intelligence Unit (CIU).