Bansuri Swaraj, who is the daughter of late veteran BJP leader Sushma Swaraj, has taken an active role in politics by being appointed as the co-convenor of the legal cell of the Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party.
Swaraj, in her first appointment in the state unit after taking over as full-time state president, has been appointed as co-convenor of the legal cell by Delhi BJP chief Virendra Sachdeva. Sachdeva hoped that Sushma’s appointment would strengthen the BJP and issued a letter on Friday announcing her immediate appointment. Sushma thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the BJP leadership for her appointment.
“I am grateful to Honorable PM Narendra Modi ji, Amit Shah ji, JP Nadda ji, BL Santosh, Virendra Sachdeva, @BJP4Delh and @BJP4India for giving me this opportunity to serve the party as its state co-convenor Sushma wrote in a tweet on Sunday, Bharatiya Janata Party Delhi State Legal Cell.
- Bansuri Swaraj is a Supreme Court lawyer.
- According to a Delhi BJP statement, Swaraj joined the Bar Council of Delhi in 2007 and has legal expertise of 16 years.
- After obtaining a BA (Hons) in English Literature from the University of Warwick, she went on to study law at BPP Law School in London.
- He was called to the Bar as a Barrister at Law from the Inn of the Inner Temple in London. After that, he earned a Master of Studies from St. Catharine’s College at the University of Oxford.
- Swaraj said that she has been helping the party in legal matters in the past as well. “It is just that I have been formally given the opportunity to serve the party more actively in a capacity as co-convenor of the Legal Department of the Delhi BJP.”