New Delhi: The Income Tax Department on Monday will launch a new e-filing portal to further ease the filing of Income Tax Returns (ITR). This e-portal will provide a modern, seamless experience to the taxpayers, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said in a press release.
The department has added many special new features to this site. For example, the complete account of the expenditure and earnings of the taxpayer will be revealed as soon as the PAN and Aadhaar number are entered. Not only this, bank statement will also not have to be given for filing income tax return. The details of the money invested in the stock market or the dividend received from there will also be revealed automatically in it.
Let us have a look at some of the key features of the upcoming portal:
(1) Integrated with instant processing of ITR for quick issuance of refunds to taxpayers.
(2) To facilitate scrutiny action by the taxpayer, all interactions and uploads, as well as pending works, shall be displayed on a single dashboard.
(3) Free software will be available for preparation of ITR. The facility of ITR 1, 4 (Online & Offline) and ITR 2 (Offline) is initially available while for the preparation of ITR 3, 5, 6 and 7 will be made available soon.
(4) Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their details to provide details like salary, house property, occupation/profession which will be used in pre-filing their ITR.
(5) A new call center will be set up for speedy assistance to the taxpayers. Additionally, detailed frequently asked questions (FAQs), user manuals, videos, chatbots/live agents will be provided.
(6) Facility of filing income tax forms, engaging tax professionals, responding to notices in faceless scrutiny or appeal will be available.
Further, the press note clarified that the new tax payment system would be introduced on June 18, after the date of advance tax installment, to avoid any inconvenience to the taxpayer. A mobile app will also be released after the initial launch of the portal so that the taxpayers can be familiar with the various features of the portal. The press note states that it may take some time for the taxpayers/stakeholders to get acquainted with the new system and after the launch of the portal.